The Original Sound of Cumbia: The History of Colombian Cumbia & Porro As Told By The Phonograph 1948 - 79
|Available Formats||No. of Tracks||Price||Buy|
|12" Vinyl Triple Album||28 tracks||£17.99|
Various Artists - The Original Sound of Cumbia: The History of Colombian Cumbia & Porro As Told By The Phonograph 1948 - 79
GET A FREE MP3 OR FLAC DOWNLOAD OF THE CD OF THIS RELEASE WHEN YOU BUY IT ON VINYL : Just add the vinyl to your basket and we'll do the rest. You'll receive an email with a link to your free download when your order is processed.
Both vinyl editions come with a VINYL ONLY bonus track.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE LP VERSION PART 1
Soundway set sail for Colombia once again, delving deeper into the South American country’s rich musical past. Boasting 55 tracks spread over two CDs and two triple LPs, 'The Original Sound of Cumbia' is Soundway’s definitive guide to the origins of Colombian cumbia and porro and the result of five years pain staking re-search by Will ‘Quantic’ Holland.
Disc 1 tells the story of some the earliest Colombian cumbia recorded, a genre that captured a nation, spreading from its birthplace on the Caribbean coast in land to central Colombia and the capital Bogata. Disc 2 sees the evolution of cumbia. Greats of Colombian music like Alberto Pacheco, Toño Fernandez & Anibal Velasquez brought the genre forward, bringing new influences and instruments to the genre. What had once been considered the music of the underclasses had risen up as the new sound of a nation.
After five years of becoming slowly submerged in Colombian musical culture, learning the accordion, setting up a band and a studio, and scouring the country in search it's recorded legacy, Will 'Quantic' Holland (Quantic Soul Orchestra & Quantic y su Combo Barbaro) has compiled the fruits of his labour into this unique compilation that tells the story of cumbia in the years of the phonograph record's supremacy. Along with good friend and head of Soundway Records, Miles Cletet, Will Holland has condensed hundreds of 78s, 45s and LPs into just over two and a half hours of the finest Colombian cumbia.
“The whole album is simply stunning with a superb track listing” Laurent Garnier
“These CDs put history not in the museum but firmly in the middle of the dancefloor.” The Telegraph – Pop CD of the Week
“It’s a magnificent cumbiapedia.” The Observer
“Joyful tropical madness.” MOJO
12" Vinyl Triple Album (SNDWLP032B)
- Betopey - Cumbia del Carnival
- Conjunto Miramar - Reina de Cumbias
- Los Cumbiamberos de Chorrera - La Millera
- Andrés Landero - Rosa y Mayo
- Los Tigres con Morgan Blanco - La Culebra
- La Cumbia Soledeña - Tambo, Tambo
- Jaime Simanca y sus Fandangueros - Cumbia Negra
- Aniceto Molina y su Conjunto - Cumbia Candela
- Banda Bajera de San Pelayo - Descarga en Cumbia
- Alberto Pacheco - Guayabita Colorá
- Banda 11 de Enero de Murillo - La Cachona
- Lucho Campillo y su Conjunto - Rastrillando
- Carlos Román - El 4 y 5
- Banda 2da de Laguneta Córdoba - Tracionera
- Satanás y su Grupo - Cumbia de La Montaña
- Toño Fernandez - La Guacharaca
- Lucho Yepez - La Gaita del Pato
- El Pholy Combo - El Porro es Hermano De La Cumbia
- Grupo Costa Brava - A Baranoa
- Elías Morón y su Conjunto Vallenato - Playas Embrujadas
- Chico cervantes - Cumbia Colombia
- Anibal Velásquez y su Conjunto - Cumbia Bogotana
- Alphonso Puerta y su Conjunto - Pescadores del Mar
- Miguel Durán - Elionora
- Celia Estremor y su Grupo de Baile Cantao - El Secuestro
- Hermanos Tuiran - Lluvia
- Unknown - El Niño Llora
- Heber Macias - Cumbia Linda
Various Artists - The Original Sound of Cumbia: The History of Colombian Cumbia & Porro As Told By The Phonograph 1948 - 79 is not currently available in the mp3 download format.
Various Artists - The Original Sound of Cumbia: The History of Colombian Cumbia & Porro As Told By The Phonograph 1948 - 79 is not currently available in the flac download format.